No purchase necessary. Offered only in the United States to legal residents of the United States, except Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands. Must be eighteen years of age and older as of July 1, 2000. Subject to all Federal, state and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- TO ENTER. To enter, go to www.velasrecords.com and complete the entry form, or mail in your name, address and telephone number to Velas Records, Inc., 151 First Avenue suite 231, New York, NY 10003. Only one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be discarded. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Sponsors are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, including viruses and hackers, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, for any human error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late, or damaged. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sweepstakes starts 12:01 am Eastern Time on May 16, 2000 and must be received by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on December 31, 2000.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS AND ELIGIBILITY. Winners will be selected in a random drawing, by an independent judging organization, from all eligible entries on or about January 25, 2001. Winners will be notified by mail and required to sign and return to Sponsors an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where permitted by law, publicity releases within 14 days of notification. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States, excluding residents of Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands, and wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations. Must be eighteen years of age and older as of December 1, 2000. Employees of Velas Records its advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible.
- PRIZES. Grand Prize: ONE (1) Grand Prize: A five night trip for two to Rio de Janeiro departing from New York (JFK) to Rio de Janeiro (Tom Jobim), round-trip transfers in Rio de Janeiro , a five night stay in a Delux Hotel (Estimated Retail Value:$????). Winner and guests must travel together and provide their own transportation to New York to fly on
All prizes are subject to availability. All travel must be completed by July 31, 2001, blackout dates apply. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash and are valid only for the services detailed above, with no substitution of prize by Winner. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at their sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes, including airline ticket taxes of up to $94.00 per ticket, and all other expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize, including obtaining all necessary visas or passports, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- DISCLAIMER. Winners assume all liability for any injury except in the cases of Sponsors' negligence or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release Velas Records, their respective officers, directors, and employees, from any such liability. Sponsors and their agencies assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with these sweepstakes. Sponsors and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- ADDITIONAL RULES. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. This sweepstakes is sponsored by Velas Records Inc. 151 First Avenue, suite 231, New York, New York 10003, 1-212-529-5514. Sponsors reserve the right to withdraw the transmission of this sweepstakes and award the Prizes from among entries received prior to the date of the withdrawal. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, whose decisions are final. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this sweepstakes promotion.
- WINNERS LIST For a list of Grand, First, and Second Prize Winners (available after February 15 , 2000) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received March 1, 2001 to: Velas Records "Trip to Rio" Sweepstakes Winners, c/o Velas Records Inc., 151 First Avenue, suite 231, New York, New York 10003.